Summers are almost saying goodbye, while winters are in their initial phase, the weather is changing drastically, and so are our health’s. This is the time we need to be extra careful about our eating habits and daily routine lifestyle. Winters are usually the home of cough and cold, which target each and every individual depending upon their life style. We have listed below, few remedies which work like magic and in only 24 hours, you will get to see the positive results. Must try!
Ginger is Tincture
Ginger is the best home remedy for cold and cough. You can take ginger in many form, the result will surely blow your mind. Listed below are the methods of ginger intake:
1. Ginger in Tea
It is the simplest yet easy to use remedy. Simply make a cup of tea by adding crushed ginger into it. Drink twice and thrice in a day.
2. Raw roasted Ginger
Cut thin slices on ginger and roast them on dry in a pan sprinkle some black salt and it’s ready to go into your mouth. Try to chew as much ginger as you can like a chew gum. Ginger juice will slowly cut down the harshness of your throat and make your cough go out.
3. Ginger with Honey
Mix a tablespoon of ginger paste with honey and lick the mixture throughout the day. Honey helps in reducing the strong taste of ginger.
4. Ginger in Water
Boil a glass or two of water and add chopped ginger into it, once water comes to a boil, switch of the flame and drink this solution three or four times in a day.
Turmeric is a Nice Trick
Turmeric is yet again important ingredient which is very much used in medical field. Apart from curing cough and cold, turmeric also helps in curing injuries and for beauty purposes. Below are the mentioned ways of turmeric intake for cough and cold:
1. Boil half a cup of water and add one teaspoon turmeric powder, and a teaspoon black pepper. You may also add cinnamon sticks. Boil this for about two to three minutes. Add one tablespoon of honey. Drink this daily until the condition improves.
2. Make herbal tea by adding one teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of carom seeds to a cup of water, and boil it until water reduces to one-half cup. Add some honey and drink this herbal solution two to three times a day.
3. Roast few turmeric roots and grind it into a smooth powder. Mix it with water and honey, and drink it twice a day.
4. Add a pinch of turmeric to a glass of warm milk before bedtime. The warm milk will calm your throat and help you sleep.
Mint is another Hint
Fresh mint leaves or dry mint, both are good remedies to get rid of cough and cold. Mint leaves are well known for healing properties as it contain methanol which soothes the throat and acts as a decongestant, helping to break down mucus. Check out the procedure of mint intake:
1.Drink mint tea twice or thrice in a day.
2. Inhale mint vapors from a steam bath.
3. Chew mint leaves.
Onion is Sudden
Onion is also known for one of the simplest home remedies for a cough and cold. Get the intake ideas from below:
1. Cut Onions and boil it in water, breathe its strong vapors.
2. Make syrup from baked onion and honey, Drink it regularly.