The nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar turns 88 on 28th September 2017. She was born in Indore city of Madhya Pradesh in 1929. She was fond of music since her childhood days and gradually became successful in turning her passion into profession. We admire Lataji for all the music she has given us so far.
Lata Ji is honoured with prestigious awards of India, Bharat Ratna and Padma Bhushan. Apart from this, she has won almost all categories award of Indian cinema related to her singing field. On special day of Lata Ji, we have bought some of the interesting facts of her life:
1. At the age of 32, slow poison was given to Lataji by her close friend. Since then writer Mazrooh Sultanpuri used to taste the food before passing it to Lata Mangeshkar.
2. Lata’s father Dinanath Mangeshkar was a known name in Marathi theatre. He owned many properties in Goa but lost everything after coming in addiction with drugs. Mangeshkar family’s poor condition forced Lataji to earn at an early age.
3. Egyptian Singer Umm Kulthum, was the only favourite singer of Lata Mangeshkar.
4. Lata Ji always felt that her playback singing goes very well on Saira Banu scenes.
5. Apart from singing, Lata Mangeshkar acted in ten films which include Badi Ma, Jeevan Yatra and Mandir.
6. Lataji looks very innocent but she was actually very naughty in her childhood days.
7. She is honoured with six doctorate degrees from big international Universities.
8. She is afraid of flying in sky and so requested French Government to award her prestigious award of their country in Mumbai itself.
9.LataJi eats lots of Kolhapuri chilies to make her voice more melodious and sweet.
10. She chews lots of chew gums to maintain her weight.